Friday 28 September 2007

Roundup

As many of the druids have recently seen, there are a lot of interesting changes coming in the next patch for restoration druids.

  • New relics are added to support all talent trees in patch 2.3 for Shaman, Paladins and Druids. Most of the arena-system existing Relics have been renamed to create a more consistent naming convention

  • +Healing bonus will give 33% of spell damage as well (1500 Healing bonus will give you 500 Spell damage)

  • Many new macro inputs as well as druid 'cancelform' becoming an instant like 'dismount'

  • Cure Poison and Abolish Poison may now be cast in Tree of Life form

  • Remove Curse may now be cast in Moonkin form

  • Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes

  • Intensity increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration.


A few blogs have focused on mana regeneration or the reduction for the cooldown of rebirth.

But I'm quite excited about:
Many new macro inputs as well as druid 'cancelform' becoming an instant like 'dismount'


Let me give you an example; the other night I was in Karazhan with two other healers, second healer was great as always, but we took a second healing druid with us who was abysmal, didn't pull their weight partially because of skill and partially because of wearing some dodgy gear choices despite walking around with t4 legs, t4 hands and t5 shoulder (-_-) tokens in his bags because he wants to save them for when he goes Moonkin.

I have never used my emergency macro so much in all my times of raiding, which consists of NS + Regrowth.

So I'm very much hoping after the patch my emergency macro will be able to change to:

Drop out of tree form and cast OMGBIGMASSIVEUBER healing touch on my emergency target.

In a true emergency where lets say one of the healers aren't doing their job, Regrowth + Swiftmend only goes so far to help cover the health deficit, before another healer can help chip in the heals.

Roll on 2.3!

1 comment:

Keith said...

Hey man, can you please break-down your current emergency macro? I was thinking about running Nature's grasp and then Swiftmend, but that would obviously only work if I already had a HoT on me. Thoughts? (Oh, and this is for PvP, so there might be subtle differences.) Thanks!